Total Marks: 250 marks Time duration: 3 hours.
There are 20 questions. All questions are compulsory.
Answer all the following questions. Questions 1 to 11 should answered in 150 words and each question will carry 10 marks. Questions 11 to 20 should answered in 250 words and each question will carry 15 marks.
1. What are the aspects of Harappan economy that have been reconstructed from archaeological evidence?
2. Explain the contributions of Rajput kings to the field of art, culture and literature.
3. How Gandhi ji knitted the Non-Cooperation Movement with his philosophy?
4. How islands are formed? Explain the island group of India having coral origin.
5. What ecosystem do mangroves are found? Why mangroves are important to the ecosystem?
6. Why do earthquake waves develop shadow zone? When can an earthquake cause tsunami?
7. 'Secularism is inherent in the Indian system, in the Indian ethos and culture.' Explain.
8. Women role in society has come a long way, which benefits not only women but society as a whole. Elaborate
9. How Colonialism created new classes and communities which came to play significant roles in subsequent history?
10. How does industrial pollution degrade environment and to what extent it determines the location?
11. Discuss the impact of economic policies of the British in India before independence.
12. What was Sardar Vallabhai Patel's role in contributing to modern India? How he played an important role in keeping Hyderabad with India?
13. The Chola dynasty was one of the longest ruling dynasties in the southern India and it saw remarkable progress in almost all spheres of life such as polity, culture and economy. Justify
14. Do you think that interlinking of rivers will reduce the poverty and floods and distribute water equally? What would be its implications on ecology and environment?
15. Examine the factors that influence the temperature distribution of the oceans. In what way the study of the temperature of the oceans helps?
16. Sustainability and resilience of urban infrastructure are vital to urbanization and social development. - Elaborate
17. High-tech growth is driving the manufacturing sector in India -Explain. Why high-tech industries are being attracted to the peripheral areas of major metropolitan centers?
18. 'Mobilisation has become an important factor in determining Indian politics'! Analyse the role of caste in Indian politics.
19. Recent cooal shortage in India re-enforces the need for expeditious switch over to renewable energy. At the same time India must ensure that its energy transition is sustainable, prescient, and inclusive. Comment
20. What is Digital Transformation in Education? How the digital tools are driving new levels of collaboration and innovation to create a campus of endless learning possibilities?
IAS MAINS 22: MOCK TEST GS I